Online Library Resources
Resources for Adults
- Academic Search Premier - This resource is ideal for college students. It spans virtually every area of scholarly study, and includes more than 8,000 journals, 4,600 of which are full-text.
- Alt HealthWatch - This database focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness. It offers full text articles, pamphlets, booklets, special reports, original research, and book excerpts.
- Ancestry Library - This resource covers the U.S. and the U.K. and includes census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada and other areas. This collection contains more than 4,000 databases and 1.5 billion names. This resource is only available from the North Dakota library.
- Auto Repair Reference Center - This resource offers car repair manuals.
- Business Source Premier - This resource was created for business people and is the world's largest full-text business database. More than 8,500 full-text business journals and other sources for businesses and schools. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- Business Searching Interface - This database contains full text from the world's top management and marketing journals. It also includes market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles, and SWOT analyses.
- EBSCO MegaFILE - This resource combines Academic Search Premier, Business Source Premier, MasterFILE Premier, and Regional Business News into a single database
- eLibrary - eLibrary offers a broad range of full-text magazines, newspapers, books, and transcripts, plus thousands of maps and pictures.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center - This resource includes Medical Encyclopedia, Drug Finder, Health Assessment tools and Health News.
- Literati Public (Credo) - Literati's user-friendly platform links our library databases with quality reference content from major publishers. Perfect for the visual learner, mind map searching graphically shows how information is linked.
- Master File Premier - This resource is designed for the general public, and is updated daily with information on health, business, education, reference, and more. It includes over 2,000 full-text general periodicals, over 86,000 biographies, and 350 references books.
- NetLibrary eBooks - NetLibrary eBooks are electronic versions of printed books. They have the same information, are enriched with photos and illustrations, and can be viewed online from any computer connected to the Internet. You can view eBooks free for 15 minutes for quick reference, or borrow them electronically and use them for your research. And because ebooks are online, they're available at your convenience. You don't have to worry about returning them, because they automatically return themselves.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center - This resource provides information on social issues with access to viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles.
- Professional Collection - Wide variety of topics for educators, administrators, and librarians. More than 300 full-text online journals.
- ProQuest Newspapers - The ProQuest newspaper database provides full text articles and citations to over 550 national, regional, and international newspapers.
- Regional Business News - Incorporates over 60 business journals, newspapers, and newswires. Covers metropolitan and rural areas in the U.S. This database is updated on a daily basis.
- WorldCat - WorldCat is a worldwide union catalog created and maintained collectively by more than 9,000 member institutions.