A copy of a report may be obtained from our office Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm at 315 3rd St SE, Minot, ND 58701. A Request for Report / Information form must be completed in order for us to locate the type of report requested. A copy of the Request for Report / Information may be downloaded at the following link (Request for Report).

For more information on Open Records please click on the Attorney Generals website at

Incident Reports are criminal reports that are considered open record providing the case has cleared the court process or closed. The report is confidential if it is open or under investigation and a copy may not be obtained.

Reports containing juvenile information or victims of domestic violence will have identifying information blackened out.

Persons charged with a crime may request a copy of a report through discovery through the Ward County State's Attorney's Office under Court Rules.

Accident Reports containing an officer's opinion regarding responsibility for the accident is confidential and may ONLY be disclosed by the director of the North Dakota Department of Transportation upon payment of a $5 fee. To recieve an officer opinion please mail a copy of the Request For Crash Report form with appropriate fee to the North Dakota Department of Transportation may be contacted at 608 E Boulevard Ave, Bismarck, ND 58505

Docket Entry is the information from a call for service. It contains information from the dispatch of the call to the outcome.

Individual Records Check is a search through the Ward County Sheriff’s Department’s local records to obtain criminal or traffic records on the named individual. The Ward County Sheriff’s Department requires the full name and date of birth of the person for which the record check is being requested. This procedure requires positive identification of an individual prior to the individual record search being conducted. The individual will receive a printout of the individual’s local criminal record. The Ward County Sheriff’s Department does not maintain court dispositions for criminal records. The Ward County Sheriff’s Department will not release Juvenile Records or Records from another Law Enforcement Agency.

A complete Criminal History may be obtained by contacting the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigations at 205 State Street, PO Box 1054, Bismarck, ND 58502, (701) 328-5500.


Mugshot is the photograph taken from an individual at the time of booking and may be released as long as the photograph will not adversely affect a criminal investigation.