County Elections

In order to vote, you need photo identification with your current Ward County address or a utility bill, or be willing to sign a voter affidavit.

By signing an affidavit you are saying that you are or are intending to become a resident of Ward County, which will change your residency from your home / previous state. This could potentially affect any benefits you currently receive in your home / previous state as their voter registration office will be notified of your new Ward County address and voting status.

Early Voting

Early voting will be held at the Ex-Servicemen's Room:
Ward County Courthouse
315 SE Third St.
Minot, ND 58701

Absentee Ballot Information
Voters must return an absentee ballot application to the Ward County Auditor, P.O. Box 5005, Minot, North Dakota 58702 prior to the election to receive an absentee ballot. Once an application is received, our office will mail a ballot. Ballots must be returned to our office or postmarked no later than one day prior to the election.

Voters not able to personally obtain a ballot may authorize an agent to obtain one for them by filling out an absentee ballot application-agent authorization. This authorizes someone to receive a ballot for another. A particular person is allowed to be an agent for up to three other individuals.

Voters who are uniformed service members, dependents or U.S. citizens living outside the United States may obtain an absentee ballot by filling out this form and returning it to the Ward County Auditor, PO Box 5005, Minot ND 58702.