2016 Election Information
- Early voting for the upcoming 2016 Election will be held October 31-November 3, 2016
- Hours of Operation each day: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Location: Rooms 106 & 108
- Ward County Administration Building
- 225 3rd Street SE, Minot, ND
Absentee Ballots can be obtained by following the instructions below.
- North Dakota is the only state that does not have voter registration.
- ID is required for Voting. According to NDCC 16.1-05.07 the identification must include your name, CURRENT Residential Address and date of birth. Click here for more information.
- Driver's license
- Non-driver's identification card
- Tribal government issued identification card
- Long-term care identification certificate (provided by ND facility)
- Voters Affidavit
- Are you qualified to vote in North Dakota? Click here for more information.
- If you are a Military or Overseas voter please see Absentee Ballot information below.
Early voting gives voters the opportunity to cast a ballot in person at a designated precinct prior to Election Day. The procedure of the Early Vote precinct is the some as the Election Day precincts with the voter showing their ID, obtaining and marking a ballot, and feeding the ballot through the scanner to be counted. All ballots cast at the Early Vote precinct are tabulated on Election night with the results included in the overall total.
Absentee Ballot Information
In order to obtain an absentee ballot voters must complete an absentee ballot application and return it to the Ward County Auditor, P.O. Box 5005, Minot, North Dakota 58702 no later than 5 weekdays prior to the election. Applications are accepted in person, via mail or fax. If an application is received through the mail or fax, our office will mail a ballot to the address provided. Voters will be able to obtain a ballot in person by coming to the Auditor/Treasurer's office. Ballots must be retuned to our office or postmarked no later than one day prior to the election.
Voters not able to personally obtain a ballot may authorize an agent to obtain one for them by filling out an absentee ballot application-agent authorization. This authorizes someone to receive a ballot for another. A particular person is allowed to be an agent for up to three other individuals.
Voters who are uniformed service members, dependents or U.S. citizens living outside the United States may obtain an absentee ballot by filling out a federal post card application and returning it to the Ward County Auditor, P.O. Box 5005, Minot North Dakota 58702.
Find your polling place by clicking here.
City of Minot Vote Centers
City of Minot Precinct Map**
Ward County Precinct List
Ward County Precinct Map
Minot Air Force Base Precinct Map**
Available after the polls close on election night
- 2015 Special Election Official Results (Updated 03022015)
- 2012 General Election Results Link
- Election Summary
- Precinct Summary
- Excel Formatted Results