VA Medical Center, Fargo ND
Stanley/Minot DAV Van to Fargo
The VA Transportation Network sponsors a van that runs from Stanley and/or Minot to the Fargo VA Medical Center once a week. The trip starts at 6:00 a.m. in Stanley or 7:00 a.m. in Minot and picks up riders at Minot, Towner, Rugby, Lakota, Devils Lake, and Grand Forks.
Beginning in 2016, the Minot DAV van will run from Minot the first Tuesday/Wednesday of the month as well as the second Wednesday/Thursday of the month. The Stanley DAV van runs on the third or fourth Tuesday/Wednesday of each month unless otherwise noted.2017 Stanley/Minot DAV Schedule
Scheduling a Ride
The van spends the night in Fargo and returns the next day. Veterans who ride the van must ensure that their VA medical appointments are scheduled no earlier than 12:30 p.m. on the day of arrival and the last appointment is schedule no later than 11:00 a.m. on the day of return.
To schedule a ride, contact Lauren at the Ward County Veteran's Service office at 701-857-6492 or Kimberly at 701-780-8296 in Grand Forks. You must reserve your seat before 12:00 noon the day prior to deployment. Please call as soon as your appointment is scheduled. First come, first serve basis. Stanley Minot Pickup 3 15 2016
Prescriptions and Appointments
View instructional brochure: Automated Phone Service System Instructions. Use for Appointment Reminder, Prescription Refills and Status, and Appointment Inquirie
Directions from Minot to the Fargo VA Medical Center
- Take Highway Two east to Grand Forks.
- At Grand Forks, turn right on to I-29 South.
- Upon entering Fargo, exit at Exit 67 to right.
- At the ramp stoplight, turn left on to 19th Avenue North.
- Drive east past the airport and Fargodome.
- 19th Avenue will transition from four lanes to two lanes.
- Stay on 19th Avenue until Elm Street.
- Go straight ahead to enter the Regional Office parking lot, or turn left and drive one block, then turn right to enter the Medical Center parking lot.
- Drive south on Highway 83 to Bismarck.
- In Bismarck, take I-94 east to Fargo.
- In Fargo, take I-29 north to Exit 67, then follow the directions above.
- Drive southeast on Highway 52.
- At Jamestown, take I-94 east to Fargo, then follow the directions above.