DEPARTMENT: Auditor/Treasurer SALARY GRADE: 14
POSITION TITLE: Data Technician STATUS: Non-exempt
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Auditor/Treasurer STORM ESSENTIAL: No
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EMPLOYEE’S NAME: ___________________________________________________
EMPLOYEE’S SIGNATURE:____________________________ DATE :____________
SUPERVISOR’S SIGNATURE:__________________________ DATE:____________
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Data Technician performs detailed work in reviewing flood related project worksheets, working with townships, contractors and other entities to collect invoices relating to each site on the worksheets and corresponding with those entities throughout the process until payment is made for the work completed. This is a full-time position for a period of 3 years.
• Prepares spreadsheet entries for each project worksheet by site and amount allowed
• Compares payments from ND DES for approved projects and enters data on spreadsheets
• Collects invoices from the townships as they complete their projects
• Verifies material purchased/used are within the scope of the site project
• Completes a spreadsheet for each site indicating amount allowed by FEMA and cost vs. actual amount of product purchased and actual cost
• Corresponds and coordinates any changes or corrections with submitting entities or contractors
• Prepares reports and submits final paperwork to Auditor/Treasurer for payment
This position is supervised by the Auditor/Treasurer and does not supervise others.
• Two years experience in bookkeeping and data entry
Two year college degree (AA) in accounting or business administration, preferred or an equivalent combination of education & experience
• Computer keyboarding skills and some knowledge of computer programs such as spreadsheets, word processing, etc.
• Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of book and record keeping, office procedures, and basic mathematical calculations
• Must be able to work independently and initiate repetitive processes, the ability to communication well, the ability to learn and effectively perform new skills and functions, the ability to work effectively and cordially with other staff members, other agencies and the public
• Basic skills in operating various office equipment
• Must maintain a ND drivers license and an insurable driving record
• Must be able to work through stressful times with the public
• Must be able to multi-task
• Must be able to lift, carry, stoop, reach above their head, bend, file and retrieve books/files weighing up to 25 pounds
• Must have the ability to learn and effectively use the county’s computer software pertaining to property tax records and descriptions; organize assigned work and perform work productively, learn and effectively use new methods, procedures and technologies in carrying out the functions of the position and to work effectively and cooperatively with other employees, other agencies and the public
• This position normally works Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, but may be called upon to work evenings or weekends during certain times.
• This position normally works seated at a desk in an environmentally controlled office using computer terminal; however, may have to meet clients outside the office.
|Copyright © 2011 Ward County. All rights reserved.|