SEPTEMBER 10, 2012 SPECIAL MEETING
Minutes of the Board of Ward County Commissioners
September 10, 2012
The special meeting of the Ward County Commission was called to order by Chairman Fjeldahl at 8:17 am with Comms. Christianson and Erickson present. Also present were States Attorney Roza Larson, Highway Engineer Dana Larsen and Auditor/Treasurer Devra Smestad.
Smestad presented a spreadsheet from Swanson and Warcup detailing the first round of voluntary acquisitions for Ward County. The total amount for purchasing the 5 properties will be $754,739.00, of which, 75% will be allocated from State Water Board Funding in the amount of $566,054.25 and the remaining 25% allocated from the County General Obligation Bond, in the amount of $188,684.75. The closing dates for these properties have not yet been set due to the 4 – 7 days it will take to obtain the funding.
Moved by Comm. Christianson, seconded by Comm. Erickson to authorize the Ward County Auditor to request funding from the State Water Board and to request a draw down from the General Obligation Bond. Roll call; all voted yes; motion carried.
Moved by Comm. Christianson, seconded by Comm. Erickson instructing the Ward County Auditor to e-mail the spreadsheet(s) prepared by Swanson and Warcup, for future acquisitions, to all of the Commission members; if within 2 days there are no objections, the Auditor has the authority to request the funding from the State Water Commission and to draw down the General Obligation bond. Roll call; all voted yes; motion carried.
Highway Engineer Dana Larsen appeared. Moved by Comm. Christianson, seconded by Comm. Erickson to accept the 7 – 50/50 grants from the North Dakota Trust Lands totaling $562,453.00, for the repair and improvement of miscellaneous infrastructure throughout Ward County and authorize the Highway Engineer to sign the acceptance letters. Roll call; all voted yes; motion carried.
At 9:32 a.m., the meeting was adjourned.
ACCEPTED AND APPROVED THIS 18th DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2012.
s/ John Fjeldahl –Chairman, Ward County Board of Commissioners
ATTEST: s/ Devra Smestad - Auditor/Treasurer, Ward County
|Copyright © 2011 Ward County. All rights reserved.|