ALL CORRESPONDENCE (VERBAL AND WRITTEN)
IS SUBJECT TO MONITORING
*All outgoing and incoming mail is subject to inspection by the WCJDC staff.
*Juvenile mail will be received and mailed on a daily basis excluding weekends and holidays.
*All mail is to be fully addressed.
- WCJDC shall provide two (2) stamps per week per juvenile. Any extra postage needed can be purchased at the Detention Office.
- Stamps purchased outside of the facility will not be allowed.
- Outgoing general correspondence may be scanned, censored or rejected and returned to the juvenile.
*A juvenile held in the Ward County Juvenile Detention Center cannot correspond with any inmate/juvenile being held in another Detention or Correctional facility. This includes any verbal, visual, written or other means of communication.
JUVENILE PHONE CALLS
- Juveniles will only be allowed to make two (2) completed telephone calls to immediate family per day.
- No incoming phone calls are allowed to juveniles.
- Phone use is a privilege available to youth whose conduct while in detention has not warranted restriction.
- Immediate Family (parents, grandparents, legal guardians, and siblings).
1-800, 1-900, call forwarding, conference or three-way calling is NOT ALLOWED!
- Phone cards are purchased during the evening shifts only.
- Detention calling cards allow the juvenile to contact immediate family members who may have a block on their phone.
BE ADVISED, NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE!!
Juveniles Receiving Calls / Messages
Message # for Juveniles
Messages are not confidential!
All rules/regulations are subject to change