Marriage License Requirements
- $65.00 in cash (no checks or Credit Cards accepted)
- Both parties must be present
- Drivers License or some other valid photo ID is required
- Marriage License is valid for 60 days (day 1 being purchase date)
- If either party has been divorced, you must purchase a Certified Copy of the most recent divorce decree by contacting the Clerk of Court's office in the county in which you were divorced. This certified copy must be kept in our office with your marriage application.
- You must be at least 18 years old to marry without parental consent. If a person is between 16 and 18 years of age, a signed/notarized parental consent is required. A license MAY NOT be issued to any person below the age of 16.
Certified Copies of Marriage Certificates
You may obtain a certified copy of your marriage certificate from the office that issued the marriage license after the ceremony has been performed and the original has been filed. Here in Ward County we ask that you mail us a request with your names and date of marriage. As all fees must be paid in advance, please include a $8.00 fee for marriages filed through Dec. 31, 1994, or a $6.00 fee for marriages filed after Jan. 1, 1995.