- 9 a.m.
- First and third Tuesday of each month
- Commissioner’s Chambers
225 Third St. SE
Minot, ND 58701
If a meeting date falls on a legal holiday, the board meeting will be on the following Wednesday, or as scheduled by board motion. Special and emergency meetings to be designated in advance as needed.
Appearing Before the Board
If you wish to appear before the commissioners and be placed on the agenda, please contact the Auditor / Treasurer’s Office
at 701-857-6420 by noon, at least five business days prior to the meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
The agenda for each meeting will be posted five days prior to the scheduled meeting date. Minutes are available following approval.Most Recent Agenda
| View All Agendas and Minutes
The County Commission is the governing body of the county responsible for overseeing county activities and working to ensure that citizen concerns are met, federal and state requirements are fulfilled, and county operations run smoothly. To contact the commissioners, click here
2023 Board Members
- John Fjeldahl, Chairman
- Shelly Weppler, Vice Chairman
- Jim Rostad, County Commissioner
- Howard "Bucky" Anderson, County Commissioner
- Jason Olson, County Commissioner
- Overseeing the financial affairs of the county
- Reviewing all accounts and authorizing payments
- Procuring civil actions in the name of the county
- Buying and selling property for the county
- Having charge of road construction and maintenance
- Establishing voting precincts
- Reviewing property assessments and levying county taxes
- Approving county budgets
- Appointing county officials and board members
Ward County commissioners are elected at large on a nonpartisan basis for staggered four-year terms.