A copy of a report may be obtained from our office any time on Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 204 Front Street SE, Minot, North Dakota 58702. A request for report / information form must be completed in order for us to locate the type of report requested.

For more information on open records please visit the attorney general's website.

Request Fees

  • Accident Report, $7 - full report for insurance companies and involved parties
  • Crash Report, $7 - full report requested through NDDOT
  • Incident Report, $0.25 per page
  • Photographs $4 per page of wallet size, (if photographs may be released)
  • Docket Entry, $0.25 per page
  • Mugshot, $4
  • CD/DVD $10

Crash Reports

Crash reports can now be processed through the NDDOT, through the following link

Incident Reports

Incident reports are criminal reports that are considered open record providing the case has cleared the court process or closed. The report is confidential if it is open or under investigation and a copy may not be obtained. Reports containing juvenile information or victims of domestic violence will have identifying information blackened out.

Persons charged with a crime may request a copy of a report through discovery through the Ward County State's Attorney's Office under court rules.



Docket Entry

Docket entry is the information from a call for service. It contains information from the dispatch of the call to the outcome.

Individual Records Check

Individual Records Check is a search through the Ward County Sheriff’s Department’s local records to obtain criminal or traffic records on the named individual. The Ward County Sheriff’s Department requires the full name and date of birth of the person for which the record check is being requested.

This procedure requires positive identification of an individual prior to the individual record search being conducted. The individual will receive a printout of the individual’s local criminal record. The Ward County Sheriff’s Department does not maintain court dispositions for criminal records. The Ward County Sheriff’s Department will not release juvenile records or records from another law enforcement agency.

A complete criminal history may be obtained by contacting the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigations at:

Criminal Records Section

1720 Burlington Drive, Suite B

Bismarck, ND 58504

You can also contact the division by phone at 701-328-5500.

Non-Criminal Justice Request For Criminal History Record Information


A mugshot is the photograph taken from an individual at the time of booking and may be released as long as the photograph will not adversely affect a criminal investigation.