2022 PRIMARY ELECTION- JUNE 14TH
Early Voting: June 6-10 & 13th from 10am-6pm @ Ward County Administration Building
Election Day Vote Centers 7am-7pm: *Ward County Voters can vote at any of the centers*
>State Fair Center (Minot) 2005 E Burdick Expy, Minot ND 58701
>Maysa Arena (Minot) 2501 W Burdick Expy, Minot ND 58701
>Berthold Senior Center- 309 Main St N, Berthold, ND 58718
>Ryder City Hall- 260 N Main St, Ryder, ND 58779
>Kenmare Memorial Hall- 5 3rd St NE, Kenmare, ND 58746
>Sawyer City Hall- 104 Dakota Ave, Sawyer, ND 58781
- North Dakota ID is required for voting. According to NDCC 16.1-05.07, the identification must include your name, CURRENT residential address and date of birth. Click here for more information.
- North Dakota driver's license
- North Dakota non-driver's identification card
- Tribal government issued identification card
- Long term care identification certificate (provided by ND facility)
- What if I am unable to update my ID?
- A supplemental document listing the new address may be provided
- Documents that may be used are:
- A current utility bill
- A current bank statement
- A check issued by a federal, state, local or tribal government
- A paycheck
- Are you qualified to vote in North Dakota? Click here for more information.
- If you are a military or overseas voter, please click here.
Early voting gives voters the opportunity to cast a ballot in person at a designated precinct prior to Election Day. It also gives the voter the opportunity to avoid Election Day crowds. The procedure of the Early Voting precinct is the same as Election Day precincts with the voter showing their ID, obtaining and marking a ballot and feeding the ballot through the scanner to be counted. All ballots cast through Early Voting are tabulated on Election night with the results included in the overall total.
Absentee Ballot Information
In order to obtain an absentee ballot, voters must complete an absentee ballot application and return to the Ward County Auditor, PO Box 5005, Minot, ND 58702, allowing ample mail and turnaround time prior to the election. Ballots due to Ward County Auditor Office by June 13th at 4:00pm. Applications are accepted in person or via mail, email or fax. If an application is received via mail, email or fax, our office will mail a ballot to the address provided. Voters will be able to obtain a ballot in person by coming to the Auditor/Treasurer's Office (office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday).
Voters not able to personally obtain a ballot may authorize an agent to obtain one for them by filling out an absentee ballot application-agent authorization. This authorizes someone to receive a ballot for another. A particular person is allowed to be an agent for up to three other individuals.
Voters who are uniformed service members, dependents or US citizens living outside the United States, may obtain an absentee ballot by filling out an application online and returning it to the Ward County Auditor, PO Box 5005, Minot, ND 58702.
Election results are available after the polls close on election night.
If you have questions, contact our office at 701-857-6420.