2020 PRIMARY ELECTION - VOTE BY MAIL
NO POLLING LOCATIONS WILL OPEN
Due to COVID-19, the Ward County Commissioners passed a resolution to conduct a Vote By Mail Primary Election. This effort is being made to not only protect you the voter, but the county’s election workers as well.
- Vote-By-Mail is the same process as used when voters choose to vote by Absentee Ballot.
- Express vote equipment will be available at the County Administration Building by appointment (and after passing screening questions) by calling 857-6320 if anyone needs more assistance to complete their ballot.
- Applications for Vote-By-Mail (as well as stamped return envelopes) will be sent from the Secretary of State’s Office beginning April 21, 2020. Once the application is received, please complete/verify the following areas:
- Complete the application and indicate which elections you wish to receive a ballot for (this can be completed for the entire calendar year)
- Verify your name, date of birth, telephone number
- Complete the type of North Dakota ID used (please mark the box for the ID in your possession) (passports or military IDs are only used if the voter is outside of the United States)
- Verify your ID number
- Verify address
- Indicate if a ballot is to be sent to another address
- SIGN AND DATE and mail to: Ward County Auditor, PO Box 5005, Minot, ND 58702-5005
- Ballot applications must be received via mail in the Auditor/Treasurer’s Office by June 4, 2020.
- Once applications are received, ballots will be mailed to you.
- When preparing to return the ballot, make sure you sign and date the return envelope where indicated. Signatures are authenticated by matching the signatures on the ballot application and the envelope.
- Ballots may be returned to our office by mail or at one of the drop boxes listed below. Ballots must be postmarked no later than June 8, 2020, or may be dropped off by 4:00 p.m. on June 9th at the locations below:
- Kenmare City Hall mail slot
- Surrey City Hall mail slot
- Ryder City Hall mail slot
- Makoti Senior Citizen Center mail slot
- Burlington City Hall mail slot
- Berthold City Hall mail slot
- Ward County Administration Building library drop box
- If you have questions, contact our office at 701-857-6420.