The “Blue Bridge” as known for its blue paint color (shown in the photo on the right) was constructed back in 1928 and was originally located on County Road 17 over the Souris River between US Highway 52 and County Road 15 W. It wasn’t until 1992 when the bridge was relocated to its current home on 89th Street SE off of County Road 19 S near the town site of Logan, North Dakota. This is the last truss style bridge in Ward County, North Dakota.
Future of the Blue Bridge
In order to help preserve the historic Blue Bridge, Ward County is currently seeking a grant to service all the pins, joints, and bearings of the old bridge. Upgrades to the bridge would consist of replacing old bituminous surface, removing rust, repainting the bridge… blue of course, and minor repairs to the abutments.
For more information please contact our office at 701-838-2810 or by Email. There will also be a public input meeting held on March 20th, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. held at the Ward County Administration Building, 225 Third St. SE, Minot, ND 58701, in the Commissioner’s Chambers on second floor.